I made this fun sweater for my daughter yesterday, and am in the process of making a matching one for myself. Sewing is not an area I excel in, so I was glad to find an alternative method to attach the adorable hearts to the elbows…
- Sweater- I found black, sparkly sweaters on clearance for $5 at Meijer.
- Red fabric- Mine is polyester faux fur.
- Aleene’s fabric fusion permanent adhesive
- Cardstock paper
- Print out a heart on cardstock and make a template by cutting it out. Mine is 4X5 inches. Trace the heart on the back of the fabric as shown below.
- Cut out the hearts and pin to the elbows of the sweater. My daughter tried on her sweater so I could pin the hearts exactly where she wanted them.
- Glue the hearts to the sweater, making sure to cover the edges well. I used a wrapping paper roll to hold the arms of the sweater while the glue dried.
I can’t wait to wear these cute matching sweaters with my daughter! Just kidding… She’s 20 and definitely won’t go for that. Here is my beautiful little girl modeling her new sweater: