I adore Santa… These Santa Claus place card holders are perfect for all of those upcoming Thanksgiving holiday gatherings. They will hopefully help you and your guests get into the Christmas spirit.
- Red ball ornaments
- 5/8 inch ribbon
- Glue- I used craft tacky glue and super glue
- Mini canvases
- Ornament hangers
- Belt buckles- I found these in the scrapbooking section of Hobby Lobby. Tim Holtz idea-ology is the product line. There were other items in the sewing section you could use instead.
- Wire cutters
- Cut the ornament hangers in half with wire cutters. Put into the same holes the ball ornament hangers are attached as seen in the picture to the right. This will hold the place card.
- Glue the belt buckles to the ornaments. Super glue worked best for this.
- Wrap the ribbon around the ornament and cut, allowing extra to go through the buckle and hangover a little.
- Glue the ribbon around the center of the bulb. I used tacky glue. The buckle closure hook poked through my ribbon so there was no need to cut a hole through it.
- Super glue the ornament to the mini black canvas. There are a variety of other options you could use to stand the ornament up. I looked for little black boots, which I think would be adorable. You could also paint the rest of Santa’s jacket in or use pieces of cotton to represent it.
- Finish with name cards or favorite Christmas pictures of each guest.
*For everyone joining me in 31 Days to Food Addiction Recovery, we may want to think about hosting our own Thanksgiving. It will allow us to be in control of what is served. This is so important while trying to remain abstinent from sugar, flour, and wheat. These place card holders would be fun and festive on our tables with all of those healthy food choices!